2. Rise up!
The Advocacy and Activist methodologies Toolbox
The Advocacy and Activist toolbox offers activities and practices regarding political work for youth workers, professionals and artists working with young people. The aim of these methods is to empower youth to formulate demands and wishes and bring these to politicians and the civil society.
These creative and interactive methods collected and designed by NGOs and artists give youth workers other ways to help youngsters develop their advocacy and activist competences to be able to make their voices heard, using non-formal education and artistic methodologies together. You will find ideas how young people can formulate demands, talk to politicians and policy makers or organize a street action.
These materials can be used either as individual activities or used together to create a workshop (to know more about how to create a workshop look at our experience).
The toolbox provides guidelines on how to use all the activities in it, therefore each activity is structured in the same way, providing all the necessary information for youth workers and artists working with young people:
- A description of the activity
- The target group to which the activity is addressed
- The number of both facilitators/trainers and young participants
- The environments in which the activity should be implemented
- The materials needed
- The aim of the activity
- The step-by-step instructions on how to implement the activity
- Some tips for the trainer for implementing the activity (where needed)